Skype sign up information
Skype sign up questions and growing more and more common with the ever growing amount of new skype users, not everyone is a technical expert after all so we decided to make a detailed and user friendly guide of the Skype sign up process which we hope you find helpful.
Skype was released in August 2003 and is owned by Microsoft (Since 2011). Skype is a communications software that allows and specializes in video chat and also voice calls from mobiles, tablets and computers via the internet to other devices. Users can text chat, send files, video message and create conference calls for business purposes.
Getting started with the Skype sign up process
To start you need to visit www.Skype.com and click “get Skype” on the top right part of the screen. You will then be taken to the Skype download screen where you need to select the device you wish to download for.
Skype Sign up for Computer
For computer or desktop version scroll down slightly and click on the large green button “Get Skype for windows desktop”, once you click on the button a new window will appear with a download option for the Skype installation. For other versions such as Mac you need to scroll down on the page a bit further.
Once the download is completed double click to run the Skype installation and then you just need to run through the installation steps.
1. Select your language and select whether you want Skype to run when the computer starts or not, click I agree to go onto the next step.
2. Select whether you want Bing as your search engine and MSN as your home page, they will always be ticked so be sure to un tick if you do not wish to use them, click the continue button to complete the Skype software installation – this part often takes a few minutes.
3. Once completed the Skype login will appear and at the bottom there are two options, Sign in using your Facebook login details or create a new Skype account. If you select the Facebook option you just need to add your Facebook email and password (for more information on how to sign up to Facebook check out our Steps To Facebook Sign up And Login page).
If you select the create a new Skype account option you will be taken back to the Skype website where you need to complete the below information to complete the Skype sign up process;
• First name
• Last name
• Email address (and repeat email address).
• Profile information is optional and not mandatory to complete the registration process.
• Finally you must complete the verification process by typing the text shown on the image at the bottom of the screen then click the button “I Agree to continue” this will complete the sign up process and you can now log into Skype.
Skype Sign up for Mobile and Tablets
To download and skype sign up for mobile devices you need to first download the Skype app via App Store / Google play.
Once you have downloaded the App you need to complete the registration process so you can login and use the Skype App. Please see bullet point 3 from Computer part as the process is the same.