As we all are aware, Microsoft Outlook is by far the most long-established and admired email client appreciated for its reliable and trustworthy service. Windows users often manage their contacts, emails, calendar entries, journals and reminders among the other personal information using MS Outlook. Additionally, people using other email providers like Yahoo use MS Outlook to send or receive data with their email addresses. So if you need a guide to set up your own account on the top notch email service provider Yahoo via MS Outlook, here are a few noteworthy tidbits-
Depending on the type of servers supported by Yahoo for different accounts (free and paid), the method of accessing mail can be divided into two categories-
- Free Yahoo mail account-
- First things first; you need a smooth internet connection and a personal computer to get started. Download the latest version of YPOPs, an automated tool developed for Yahoo mail accounts. This tool bridges the gap and acts as an IMAP and POP interface between MS Outlook and Yahoo mail.
- Now open your Outlook application by clicking on the icon and select the Tools tab. By clicking on Account Settings visible on the dropdown menu, a new list will show up where you have to select New under Email button.
- Make sure you have selected MS Exchange, IMAP, POP, HTTP options under the Choose Email Services tab before clicking on Next.
- Fill in the blanks with your credentials, including your name, passwords, email addresses and other details in the Account Setup dialogue box. Retype any passwords if asked and allow manual configuration of settings. Click Next.
- Click on the Internet Email button and select next. Enter your mail account credentials encompassing name, email address, password, account type (POP3), outgoing and incoming server data etc. in the Internet Mail Settings dialogue box.
- Now your username is the email address you entered in your credentials, which will further be used for sign in purposes. Your password will be the one used for login to Yahoo mail service. When you’re done confirming the username and password, select More Settings tab and click next.
- A new window will pop open. Select the Advanced button on top of the window and enter 995 in the blanks next to where Incoming Server POP3 is written. Allow the encrypted connection SSL and type 465 for Outgoing Server. Let the program leave a set of your messages to the server by clicking on the button. This enables you to view your messages online as well as offline. You may choose to deselect this button if you do not have access to an internet connection to access your mails online.
- You can check your settings by clicking the Test Settings tab and you’re ready to access Yahoo via MS Outlook!
For a paid Yahoo mail account, you may as well subscribe to the Yahoo Mail Plus service to download the POP3 servers.
So what are you waiting for? Take cues from this step-by-step guide to create your own Yahoo account via MS Outlook and enjoy the free benefits!