If all your friends are talking about Facebook this days, don´t worry, it is common to hear about it all day in every occasion. If you want to Open Facebook account so that you don´t feel left out please continue reading as I will show you the steps to Open your very own Facebook account.
Before you can start using Facebook, you must Open Facebook Account. Creating a Facebook account is easy and best of all free. All you need to Open Facebook is an email address and a few minutes of your time.
Steps to Open Facebook Account
- Go to www.facebook.com in your favorite web browser.
- You will see a box like the above image, enter your personal information and a secure password, then click the Sign Up button.
- Next, you have the option of adding friends. You will see a screen like the image above, to fin friends you will have to enter your email address and password and click on Find Friends. If you don´t want to find friends at this moment you can click on Skip this Step at the bottom right of the screen, you can always find friends later on. if you entered your email address Facebook will access your email contact list and based on that suggest friends for you, you just have to Click on Add Friend on each one you want to add. To finish the step just click on Save and Continue.
- After you added friends or skipped the last step, you have the option of adding some information of your studies and work. You will see a creen like the picture above with the option of including the High School and College you attended and gradutaed from. You can also include your current and past employers. After you add your information just click on Save & Continue button. You can also skip this step and include this information later on, click on Skip.
- Next you have the option to include a profile picture of you or anything you want. This picture is the one that appears besides your name in every post or comment you make. A creen like the one above is what you´ll see. You have the option of uploading a photo from your computer or you can take a photo with your webcam, after you are happy with your profile picture click on Save & Continue. If you don´t want to include a profile picture for now you can click on skip and add a picture later.
- You have finished with the process to Open Facebook, you are almost ready to start making use of all of Facebook’s features. For now you have to confirm the email address you used for registration. Open your email account and find the Facebook confirmation email you received, go ahead and open it and click on Confirm your Account. That´s it, now you can access your newly created Facebook Account.
Becoming Familiar with Facebook
Once you have an Open Facebook account, you need to become familiar with some of Facebook more important parts, like the Timeline and Homepage.
What appears everytime you sign in to Facebook is calles the homepage. The homepage displays your News Feed, which shows what your friends and Pages you follow have been sharing. From the homepage you can also to navigate to other parts of Facebook, such as your Friends List, Timeline etc..
The Timeline, also called your Wall or Profile Page, is where you add information about yourself, information you want to share with your friends. Whenever you post something new to your Timeline it appears on all your friends News Feed for them to see and comment or like. Your Friends can also comment or share posts on your timeline, you can always delete posts from your Timeline if you don´t like them.
Common Facebook Terms
I´ll explain some common Facebook Terms and the basic information you need to know to feel comfortable when you access Facebook, like the Homepage and Timeline.
Common Terms you will find when you Open Facebook account are Friends, Status update, Wall, Profile Picture, Likes, New Comments etc. I will try to explain the most common.
Notification: You will receive a notification via email (the one you used for registration) and on the top right of your facebook page each and every time someone interacts with your profile. You will get a notification if someone likes a picture or comment you posted, if someone writes on your wall, if someone mentioned you on another post, if someone sent you a private message, if it´s some of your friends birthday, etc.
Status Update: Each time you or your friends post a new picture, video, link, text based post it is called a Status Update. You can comment on your own status updates and on your friends updates. All your friends Status Updates will appear en your news feed and all your Status Updates will appear on your TimeLine.
News Feed: The News Feed is the page where you will see all the Status Updates of your friends and the Facebook Pages you agree to follow. You may also see ads on the News Feed. On the News Feed is where most people spend most of their time in Facebook as you can keep up to date and comment on what´s happening with your friends.
TimeLine: It is also known as your Wall o Profile Page, it is where you share all of your personal information, like your Pictures, Your relationship status, where are you from, etc. Be careful not to share your private information or too much information about your exact home address, etc. because it is not safe to provide some information. I am not trying to scare you but you have to be careful of what information you share to the world.
Friends: You can add as much people you know as Facebook Friends, each one of them have to accept you as friend so that they appear in Friends list. People that know you can add you as friends too, you will have to accept or deny them. Friends will be able to comment on your posts and will be able to see your Timeline information. They can add posts on your timeline and comment on your pictures, etc.
Like: Like is a very common term used in Facebook as you can Like a comment, picture, video, link or anything your friends have shared. With this your telling them you liked what they shared. You can also like Facebook Pages and with this every post this Pages share will also appear on your timeline.
Comment: You can comment on any post your friends share, you can also comment on your own posts.
Tag: You Tag friends on photos you share that they appear. You can also tag your friend or they can tag you on comments when your are mentioning them o they are talking about you. When you are tag in post from someone else it will also appear in your timeline.