More and more people are turning to Google for traffic and implementing analytics feature on there websites so we decided to cover a specific post about what the feature has to offer and how the Google Analytics sign in process works and what you need to do in order to get started and start reaping the benefits.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics has been around since 2005 and it’s a free web Analytics software that tracks users and traffic details to give website owners/master in depth reports and graphs of website traffic that can be filtered to show a certain day, month or even weekly period. This includes;
- Number of users, sessions and page views.
- Bounce rate (how quickly someone leaves the site when visiting, the lower the bounce rate the better!).
- Geographical visitor information (shows which country users are logging in from so you can see where the main traffic is coming from).
- Browser information. (which internet browsers are being used such as internet explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome etc).
- Traffic sources (Search Engines, referral, Social Media, Direct etc).
- Search Engine information (what keywords are being searched for people to find your site and percentages of how much traffic each keyword is providing.
The Above are just some of examples of the great features that Google Analytics has to offer and there are frankly too many to list but I’m sure you will agree that it offers amazing benefits and growth opportunities to your sites traffic.
Google Analytics sign in process
The Google Analytics sign in process is very straightforward, you first need to ensure you have signed up to Gmail then you can just use your existing Google login details.
Note; you can only use one Google account at a time so take note of this if you are using multiple Gmail accounts
To sign in to Google Analytics then you need to visit the Google Analytics website. One you arrive on the site click on the the green button at the top sign in to Google Analytics and you just need to enter your Gmail login details and quickly complete the process.
How to add a new site to Google Analytics after you have signed in
- Click on ‘Admin’ on the top left menu.
- Click on the ‘Accounts’ drop down button.
- At the bottom of the account list, select ‘create new account’.
- Enter all the website information (site name, URL, tick the relevant boxes) and select get tracking ID
- This will give you a Code which you can add to your website manually or by using a plugin (if you are using WordPress then do a plugin search for ‘Google Analytics’ and there are lots of great plugins available where you just add the code and it takes care of everything else for you (Yoast is a very popular SEO wordpress plugin and offers a good feature for Analytics: Yoast WordPress Plugin. There is also Smart Google Code Inserter.
If you are doing it manually then probably best to add the code into your Head or Footer section of your pages.
We hope you have found our post on Google Analytics sign in and information page helpful and feel free to drop a comment with any helpful advice or general comments.