How To Change Your Gmail Login Password
There are so many reasons why you would want to consider changing your Gmail login password. You might want to change because you are bothered that someone knows your password. However, the change of password is advisable in order to protect your safety. Changing your password can be done in an easy way. How to change your password? Well, all you need to do is to follow these simple steps:
- Simply log in to your Gmail account using your user name as well as your password.
- Click on the gear. It is a button that looks like a tiny clog and you can find it at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the drop down menu and hit “settings”. Once you click it, the setting menu will be opened.
- Choose “accounts and import”, then choose “change password”, and a new window will open, which is the “My Account.”
- Create a new password and while typing the password you will see a sign indicating that your password is weak or strong. As much as possible, choose a password with high strength as it will give you better security.
- Afterwards, confirm your new password and hit “change password.”
How to change your Google mail password using your phone or tablet
All you have to do is to go to accounts.google.com/EditPasswd. Afterwards, you have to key in your current password as well as your newly formulated password. You should create a distinct password; especially the ones you haven’t use in any other sites before. If you already formulated your new password, then you can now touch change password.
Helpful tips to keep in mind when changing your password
It is best if you will have a second email account as it can be very helpful because you can use it to link your google mail. You can also send your password info on that particular account just in case you forget your Google mail password.
To ensure the safety of your account, we strongly suggest that you come up with a unique password and keep in mind that if you decide to change your Google mail password, then you are also changing your password on other Google products such as Google Drive, YouTube, Google Play, and the like.
You should come up with a smart password. A unique password for your account is a must, especially in your most important accounts such as online banking accounts, shopping accounts, and so on. If you are going to use the same password for such accounts, then your security is at risk. It is like using the same key for every lock in your home.
If hackers access the password in your single account, then they will also have access to your other important accounts because it only takes them one password to access everything. It would also help if you are going to use long password. The catch is that if you use longer password, then hackers will have a difficult time guessing your password. Your password should consist of letters, numbers, and symbols.