Today we are going to answer a common question how to change my hotmail password? We decided to answer and cover it with a straight forward and detailed step by step guide. If you need some help with hotmail sign in then our hotmail sign in information page may be helpful.
How to change my hotmail password
There are really two ways that you can change your hotmail password so we will cover both and you can chose which one you prefer, they both get the job done!
Once you have logged into your hotmail, click on your name (on the top right hand side of the game).
– Click on Account settings and it will take you to your page overview with; Basic Info, Payment & billing, Just for you and Security & privacy.
1. Scroll down to the “security & Privacy” section and click on “Change password & more”.
2. This will take you into Change your password page where you need to enter your current password and select a new password (you need to enter the new password twice).
3. Once you have completed click the Save button and congratulations you have changed your hotmail password.
Option 2 – Can’t access your account
On the login page (just under the “sign in” button) there is a link saying “can’t access your account”, click on this link and it will take you to a new page.
1. Click on option 1 “I forgot my password” and click next.
2. Enter your hotmail email address and complete the verification check.
3. Now you just need to verify your identity by security check.
4. Once you have answered the security question you can change your hotmail password.
We do also highly recommend that you add your mobile number to your hotmail account just to add extra security and reduce the risk of someone else accessing your account. I also recommend that you change the password settings so every 72 days it alters you to Change my hotmail password to add extra security to your account.